Online accounting software company Xero is relocating its chief technology officer, Craig Walker, to the United States to drive product development.
Xero's community manager, and Mr Walker's wife, Catherine Walker, is also travelling to the US and both were really excited, said chief executive Rod Drury.
The company told an investor presentation it was establishing a beachhead in San Francisco where it will leverage off shareholder Peter Thiel.
Mr Thiel, who co-founded PayPal and was an investor in Facebook, became an investor in Xero last year.
The investment in Xero was through Mr Thiel's New Zealand investment firm Valar Ventures.
Xero has incorporated a US company called Xero Inc and is working on strategic partnerships in the US market. A full strategic update would be provided in late May, the company said.
Mr Thiel has said that Xero's tight focus, robust product, and strong team should enable it to expand tremendously in the US.
"Millions of small and medium-sized businesses need an online accounting solution, especially in this time of increasing regulatory and tax complexity."
Xero shares rose 11c to $2.62 yesterday.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Sunday Business Episode 26: Air New Zealand CEO Christopher Luxon
- 'Grumpy as hell' Bill Bennett says he'll use a VPN to connect to Chelsea's club channel
- “Cut the cuteness about cannabis reform” - Matthew Hooton
- Rodney Hide thinks Winston Peters will be the future Maori king
- Ethical investment in KiwiSaver - David Cohen vs. Matt Nippert