Free audio stream, including stories that are padlocked on our site. Listen on any device, anywhere. Updated twice daily. The audio stream takes several seconds to start on Android devices.Launch Radio player
The sledge of the year is uttered after 1 minute 45 seconds as Social Development Minister Paula Bennett and Labour's Jacinda Ardern spar during question time.
Speaker Lockwood Smith said the insult was "less than ideal [but] nobody can say that's outrageously offensive" as Labour's Trevor Mallard alleged.
Ms Ardern got her own back on Twitter, tweeting "Kids in the gallery could be forgiven for thinking they were watching a Hairspray revival."
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- OPINION: The first rule of SAS is: you do not talk about SAS
- Vista reassess whether to increase 2014 goodwill value
- Govt resisting pressure to inject more cash into Solid Energy
- MasterCard, Visa pressure sees PayPal stop servicing payments for Mega
- 'We've never seen a competitor in any category behave in this manner' — MYOB on Xero man's outburst