I'm loving the electronic billboards at the Fifa World Cup.
They'e static, and the signage is changed with one simple fade (see my 30-second am-cam clip below).
It's such a welcome change from the frenetic, distracting animated signage you see these days at rugby games, or at most grounds in the EPL, that verges on wrecking your viewing.
The Fifa setup is win-win. Sponsors get unmissable wrap-around signage, and fans don't get driven up the wall.
I've got no problem immediately recalling Fifa World Cup advertisers — Visa, Coca Cola, Castrol, Powerade, Sony, Adidas, McDonalds, Kia etc.
But unlike after a Super Rugby game, I'm not remembering their names in annoyance.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Time to call a smoko on smokers
- Equity crowdfunding progress sluggish for most licensed platforms
- Bayleys fined $2.2m, Success Realty fined $900,000 in first of 13 price-fixing cases
- MARKET CLOSE: NZ shares rise as speculation on interest rate cuts fuels global equities buying
- New lawyers not doing 'much better' than job at McDonald's – report surprises