Free audio stream, including stories that are padlocked on our site. Listen on any device, anywhere. Updated twice daily. The audio stream takes several seconds to start on Android devices.Launch Radio player
I'm loving the electronic billboards at the Fifa World Cup.
They'e static, and the signage is changed with one simple fade (see my 30-second am-cam clip below).
It's such a welcome change from the frenetic, distracting animated signage you see these days at rugby games, or at most grounds in the EPL, that verges on wrecking your viewing.
The Fifa setup is win-win. Sponsors get unmissable wrap-around signage, and fans don't get driven up the wall.
I've got no problem immediately recalling Fifa World Cup advertisers — Visa, Coca Cola, Castrol, Powerade, Sony, Adidas, McDonalds, Kia etc.
But unlike after a Super Rugby game, I'm not remembering their names in annoyance.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- NZ could reap $190M/year benefit becoming first nation to allow beyond-line-of-sight drones
- 'Some hassle' to NZ business following GCSB spying
- Fliway seizes chance to spread its wings
- Government convention centre spin – you be the judge
- Blue Chip's Bryers banned from managing NZ firms for 7 more years, bankruptcy lifted