Free audio stream, including stories that are padlocked on our site. Listen on any device, anywhere. Updated twice daily. The audio stream takes several seconds to start on Android devices.Launch Radio player
Bronwyn Pullar wrote herself into history when she toppled former ACC minister Nick Smith, three ACC directors and the corporation’s chief executive.
The ACC claimant with friends in high National Party places became a central player this year in a scorching political drama which led to a top level boardroom clean out the likes of which New Zealand has rarely seen.
A raft of official inquiries were launched around allegations of leaks, privacy breaches and who told who what about whom.
Two of those inquiries are due to report in August.
Aided by public relations spin doctor Michelle Boag, Ms Pullar – claiming she remains brain injured from a 2002 cycling crash – launched an all-out attack on ACC through the media.
In this special investigation, NBR takes a closer look at the woman referred to by associates as “BronCorp,” NBR Print and ONLINE editions follow the money trails to investigate the Bronwyn Pullar Affair and the parts played in her life and times by Money, Mayhem and Murder.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- OIO judges Dotcom ‘good character’ – despite hacking, insider trading, reckless driving
- RAW DATA: Lisa Owen interviews a British foreign fighter
- 'We've never seen a competitor in any category behave in this manner' — MYOB on Xero man's outburst
- Orion CFO Rodney Hyde to leave after company reports earnings in May
- Fonterra's Glencoal says Waikato coal mine not on hold, just delayed