Chorus says today's severe weather has affected service from 60 roadside cabinets.
The network provider says up to 1000 households all over the country were without broadband as of 5pm.
The problems are spread around the country. An outage map, including estimated restoration times, is here.
Chorus says it is deploying generators to cabinets that service priority customers – medical centres, shopping areas and mobile cell sites.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Cathay Pacific's first A350-1000 flights, Sheraton sale to Qatar and more
- Russell McVeagh incident highlights complications of corporate sponsorship
- Minister’s ideology crushes innovation in schools
- Poor facing double whammy when road congestion pricing gets off the ground
- Leadership hopefuls lobbying National colleagues
Most listened to
- Ian Apperley goes cold turkey on social media, and claims he's now a better man
- Auckland Airport's CEO Adrian Littlewood explains the impact of price changes on revenue
- Competition lawyer Michael Wigley supports the Criminalisation of Cartels Amendment Bill
- Roadtrippers deal is a gamechanger, says Tourism Holdings CEO Grant Webster
- The sub-contracting model is killing the New Zealand construction industry, says E tū's Ron Angel
- NBR Radio: The best interviews – updated daily, with Grant Walker