Chorus says today's severe weather has affected service from 60 roadside cabinets.
The network provider says up to 1000 households all over the country were without broadband as of 5pm.
The problems are spread around the country. An outage map, including estimated restoration times, is here.
Chorus says it is deploying generators to cabinets that service priority customers – medical centres, shopping areas and mobile cell sites.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Matthew Hooton's pick for change
- Tim Hunter on the intriguing takeover battle developing for NZ Oil & Gas
- Professor Andrew Geddis on the rules of engagement for MMP negotiations
- Russell McVeagh partner Allison Arthur-Young says she demanded flexible work hours – and got them
- Horizon Research's Grant McInman on potential for tactical voting
- NBR Radio: best of the week ended September 22, with Grant Walker