Chorus says today's severe weather has affected service from 60 roadside cabinets.
The network provider says up to 1000 households all over the country were without broadband as of 5pm.
The problems are spread around the country. An outage map, including estimated restoration times, is here.
Chorus says it is deploying generators to cabinets that service priority customers – medical centres, shopping areas and mobile cell sites.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Fonterra Shareholders' Council chairman Duncan Coull says new study needed to restore confidence among shareholders
- Spoke Phone chief executive Jason Kerr explains what his app can offer
- Accountants give their first impressions of Labour's Tax Working Group
- Calida Smylie runs the rule over Air NZ's handling of the Dreamliner engine debacle
- NBR Radio: The best interviews – updated daily, with Grant Walker