Chorus says today's severe weather has affected service from 60 roadside cabinets.
The network provider says up to 1000 households all over the country were without broadband as of 5pm.
The problems are spread around the country. An outage map, including estimated restoration times, is here.
Chorus says it is deploying generators to cabinets that service priority customers – medical centres, shopping areas and mobile cell sites.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Miriam Clements explains her battle with Auckland Council
- Craigs' Mark Lister on markets, the OCR review, business confidence
- Fletcher Building chief executive Ross Taylor on the company's restructure
- NZME chief executive Michael Boggs on the NZ Herald's new paywall
- NBR Radio: The best interviews – updated daily