Chorus says today's severe weather has affected service from 60 roadside cabinets.
The network provider says up to 1000 households all over the country were without broadband as of 5pm.
The problems are spread around the country. An outage map, including estimated restoration times, is here.
Chorus says it is deploying generators to cabinets that service priority customers – medical centres, shopping areas and mobile cell sites.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Chapman Tripp says artificial Intelligence automates tasks, not jobs
- A2 Milk shares surge as sales growth accelerates
- Team NZ insider: ‘Why we favour Halsey extension option’
- NZ dollar holds above 68 US cents as greenback buoyed on rates, euro woes
- Intuit says it’s rating higher with users but subscriber growth slows
Most listened to
- Mycare's Mark Jeffries and WeVisit's Sam Johnson discuss their merger
- Arvida's Bill McDonald says progress is up, despite profits down
- Argosy chief executive Peter Mence discusses how the company is faring without property revaluations adding to the bottom line
- A2 Milk CEO Geoff Babidge on the outlook for the rest of the year
- Intuit chairman and CEO Brad Smith on QuickBooks online's progress
- Thematic founder Alyona Medelyan on how Y Combinator changed the startup
- NBR Radio: The best interviews, with Grant Walker – updated daily