2degrees has has released a Google Android-based tablet, made by China's Huawei, for $549 - a knockdown price in the tablet world.
The Huawei MediaPad comes with 2GB of data.
It has a 7-inch screen (to the Apple iPad's 9.7) but otherwise reasonably respectable hardware specs.
- 10.5mm thick
- High-quality aluminium uni-body construction
- 1280 x 800 HD IPS capacitive touch screen
- Built-in 3G Mobile Broadband 14.4Mbps, WiFi b/g/n
- 5.0 MP, rear-facing, auto-focus 720p camera and a 1.3MP front-facing video-chat camera
- Full HD media playback
- Dual Core Qualcomm 1.2Hz processor
- Expandable memory up to 32GB
- Android 3.2 “Honeycomb”
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- MARKET CLOSE: NZ stocks slip as Manchester concert attack drags on investor sentiment, Comvita drops
- Three fintech start-ups pitch for funds at end of Kiwibank-sponsored accelerator
- NZ dollar climbs above 70 US cents on relatively upbeat kiwi fundamentals
- Xero makes a special alteration to rival's billboard
- Lindsay makes first investment since selling Sistema
Most listened to
- Business leaders on Budget 2017: Failure to set up any significant public-private partnerships for infrastructure is "really disappointing," says Paul Glass
- Serko’s Darrin Grafton says the company can use its SME platform to expand globally
- Trump travels overseas selling jobs as North Korea continues to lash out, on Trump’s Beltway with Nathan Smith
- Nick Shewring says co-working attracts "awesome people doing cool things"
- NBR Radio: best of the week ended May 19, with Grant Walker