Fairfax NZ flagship website Stuff reached a record 1,003,048 total unique viewers and 19,092,409 page impressions during July.
It was the first time the website -- which went live in July 2000 under INL ownership -- has passed the million viewer milestone.
According to Fiona Reid, general manager of Fairfax Interactive, the milestone was verified by Nielsen/NetRatings Market Intelligence and reflects both a local and international audience base.
"Our readers love the depth and breadth of content Stuff consistently delivers, particularly the fantastic regional coverage we bring together from Fairfaxâ€™s stable of daily and community newspapers," she said.
In its first ever month, back in July 2000, the website received 120,000 unique viewers â€“ site traffic has since increased 736 per cent.
Kristine Garcia, Stuff's News Editor, said: â€œWeâ€™re thrilled to have broken the 1 million viewer mark. We have undergone several editorial and technical initiatives in recent months and itâ€™s gratifying to see these help broaden the siteâ€™s readership base.
Earlier this year, Stuff took the Website of the Year award at the Qantas Media Awards and the NetGuide award for Best News Website â€“ the third successive year this particular award has been won by news portal.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Xero makes a special alteration to rival's billboard
- Fintech start-ups coy about asking for money at Wellington demo day
- Dotcom's Seth Rich claim earns him a chance to appear on Sean Hannity's show
- MARKET CLOSE: NZ shares rise as blue-chips follow Asia's lead
- Mahia, we have a problem: Rocket Lab's test launch delayed
Most listened to
- Business leaders on Budget 2017: Theresa Gattung will be disappointed if the Budget doesn’t capitalise on "the biggest opportunity facing NZ"
- NZAMI chairwoman says the government's planned changes to immigration rules will hurt key NZ sectors
- Lewis Gradon explains what contributed to F&P Healthcare's record results
- Vodafone chief executive Russell Stanners won't reveal the financial details of the deal with NZ Rugby
- NBR Radio: best of the week ended May 19, with Grant Walker