I don’t think the question anymore is whether Tony Abbott has lost the next election, and the Coalition will be a one term government.
I think the question is now how many terms in opposition will they have?
The only way they might recover is a change in leader.
The trouble is Joe Hockey is equally damaged and most of the caucus hate Malcolm Turnbull (but the public love him).
Could Turnbull end up Prime Minister?
Let’s see how bad the polls go in the next six months.
Political commentator David Farrar posts at Kiwiblog.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Land Rover's severing of ties with Dan Carter is ‘a template for the way in which these things should be handled’
- NZ Super Fund chairwoman Catherine Savage shrugs off the PM's criticism of her board
- Rick Shera - 'I suspect Kim Dotcom and his lawyers will be visiting the Supreme Court more than once'
- Judith Collins on the findings in the IEA's latest five-yearly review of energy policies
- Comvita CEO Scott Coulter on how Chinese regulations have hit the company hard
- NBR’s Campbell Gibson reports on a farming couple’s case against ANZ for interest rate swaps