I don’t think the question anymore is whether Tony Abbott has lost the next election, and the Coalition will be a one term government.
I think the question is now how many terms in opposition will they have?
The only way they might recover is a change in leader.
The trouble is Joe Hockey is equally damaged and most of the caucus hate Malcolm Turnbull (but the public love him).
Could Turnbull end up Prime Minister?
Let’s see how bad the polls go in the next six months.
Political commentator David Farrar posts at Kiwiblog.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Business leaders on Budget 2017: One of Andy Hamilton’s "very contentious" Budget wishes is for greater regulation of "pockets of our economy"
- Phil Twyford may have said the Point England development bill is just "nuts," but Bill English thinks opposition is "just dumb"
- Budget 2017: Grant Thornton's Murray Brewer thinks the IRD's new tax software should make its work easier and more efficient
- NBR's Jenny Ruth on Forsyth Barr downgrading Steel & Tube
- NZ Rugby's Steve Tew on why the Sevens needed to move, and whether the tournament can make money in Hamilton
- NBR Radio: best of the week ended May 19, with Grant Walker