Cash-rich Apple is in talks to take a strategic stake in Twitter, according to a New York Times report.
If it goes ahead, the deal would value the near-revenueless social network at more than $US10 billion – up from a private equity valuation last year of $US8.4 billion.
Neither company would comment.
Twitter is attractive to Apple, which has struggled to gain traction in social networking.
But Twitter, with a reported $US600 million in the bank and multiple suitors, is said to be under no pressure to make a deal.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Sunday Business Episode 34 featuring Hayden Cox
- Matthew Hooton on what a National win in Mt Roskill could mean for Labour
- Tim Hunter on Sky's awkward Chinese problem
- Paul Goldsmith's attempt at insolvency law reform has been hijacked by a 'basked of deplorables' says Damien Grant
- Business Week in Review with Grant Walker & Andrew Patterson