Apple says its e-book software has a unique page-turning animation - although the uniqueness isn't immediately obvious from three illustrations used to support the company's filing.
One shows a page beginning to turn, the second the page turning a bit more, and the third the page turning a bit more again.
To the layman, it might look silly.
But to an army of lawyers it will look like another motherlode as Apple swaps smartphone and tablet patent lawsuits in its worldwide fight with Google, Samsung and others in the Android camp.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- A National-Greens deal would be disastrous for the minor party, Rob Hosking says
- Lane Neaves' Mark Williams discusses the latest Investor Plus figures
- Labour market expert Linda Kromjong discusses the future of work
- Beany founder Sue De Bievre says mistakes are never wasted when you're a serial entrepreneur
- Professor Sally Poppitt explains what the diabetes project hopes to deliver
- NBR Radio: best of the week ended September 22, with Grant Walker