Apple says it is replacing a “very small percentage” of iPhone 5 units that suddenly experience short battery life or need to be recharged too frequently.
The phones were sold between September 2012 and January 2013.
Apple will replace the battery free on affected phones as long as the phone doesn’t have other damage, like a cracked screen.
To find out if your phone is eligible, enter its serial number here.
The programme is open to US and China residents now, and will be available in other countries beginning August. 29.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Lawyer Adina Thorn discusses her decision to launch a class action against Carter Holt Harvey over its Shadowclad product
- Westpac senior economist Satish Ranchhod says student inflows continue to be a big driver of growth
- Volpara chief executive Ralph Highnam on his company's $9.6m loss and fast-growing revenue
- NBR's Jenny Ruth on what analysts are saying about Ebos' $A154m HPS purchase
- NBR Radio: best of the week ended May 26, with Grant Walker