This is a supplied media release.
ASB has appointed Richard Hegan as general manager of its rural business.
Mr Hegan has been with ASB for 18 years and was previously national manager of its rural corporate division, responsible for managing large agri-business customers that represent some of the biggest producers of primary products in New Zealand.
In his new role, Mr
ASB executive general manager business Steve Jurkovich says Mr Hegan has been an important part of ASB’s rural leadership, where he has proven his ability to coach and inspire high-performing teams.
“Richard has a strong passion for the rural sector and delivering an exceptional experience as we help our customers achieve their rural ambitions. He has been part of the senior team that has led ASB rural banking to its market-leading position. That continuity and stability is a key part of ASB rural banking," Mr Jurkovich says.
“With his background and broad experience across all areas of the rural portfolio, I’m confident Richard is the right person to lead the team and support our customers across all aspects of the primary sector.”
Before starting his career in rural banking, Mr Hegan attended Lincoln University where he received a Bachelor of Commerce, Agriculture, Farm Management and Rural Valuation.
Mr Hegan is based in Christchurch.
He has a strong interest in corporate governance, sits on the boards of two private companies and is an active member of the Institute of Directors.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Overseas investment is crucial for the forestry industry, says MinterEllison's Mark Forman
- Michael Lovegrove on his chatbot-with-a-difference startup, Bot the Builder
- It's solely Jacinda Ardern's choice whether or not she stays as prime minister when her baby comes, reasons Rodney Hide
- Nevil Gibson's holiday in Los Angeles uncovers a mountain of new legislation
- NBR Radio: A year in review, with Grant Walker