Another building firm has hit the dust with the parent company of Auckland-based Mitchell Homes now in liquidation.
Mitchell Homes had projects on the go at Landco’s sprawling 110-ha Stonefields urban village in Mt Wellington and the 14.8-ha Karaka Lakes subdivision.
Owner Brent Mitchell could not be reached for comment but a former staff member confirmed the business is being wound up following the collapse of Pukekohe-based Tribro Construction.
Tribro’s owner Andrew Casey had taken a third share in Mitchell Developments in December but several Tribro companies went into liquidation earlier this month.
Mitchell Builders Trustee Company and Mitchell Developments were placed in liquidation last week. Creditors are understood to be owed around $1 million.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Sunday Businiess with Andrew Patterson featuring Dr Clyde Smith
- Forsyth Barr’s Kevin Stirrat talks through the market reaction to the new government
- Iron Duke director Phil O'Reilly on how concerned businesses should be about the new Labour-led government
- New Sky TV NZ director Mike Darcey on the skills he brings from Sky UK, and what it's like working for Rupert Murdoch
- NBR Radio: The best interviews, with Grant Walker — updated daily