This is a supplied media release.
Avis Budget Group has today announced the appointment of Ian Jones as commercial director for the Pacific region. In this role, he is responsible for driving growth across our Avis, Budget and Apex brands in the Pacific region.
Avis Budget Group president, international Mark Servodidio said “We are thrilled to welcome Ian and have him join our Pacific Leadership team. We are confident that he will play a valuable role in the future direction of the business within Australia and New Zealand.
“With his background in sales, Ian is accustomed to innovative and dynamic environments where the need to alter mindsets and challenge the norm is essential to getting ahead of the curve, and plans to do just that in his new position.”
Mr Jones joins the organisation with a wealth of experience having worked at large-scale businesses across the country, such as ASX-listed marketing services business Salmat, and Australia Post.
“I’m excited to be stepping into this role at Avis Budget Group, and joining this global organization at a time of exciting transition and innovation, as the car rental giant evolves into an overarching mobility solutions provider,” said Mr Jones.
Mr Jones’ role as commercial director is effective from July 16. He will be based in Sydney.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- NZX's Hamish Macdonald gives more detail on listing rule changes
- Tourism Industry Association CEO Chris Roberts says Immigration NZ's forecasting can't be relied on
- Craigs’ Mark Lister on worries about trade, Fed criticism and upcoming AGMs
- Microsoft's Russell Craig digs into why cyber-security professionals are in such high demand
- NBR Radio: The best interviews – updated daily