Eight-month-old Baby Prince George will join Duke and Duchess of Cambridge William and Kate for their nine days in New Zealand, Kensington Palace has confirmed. The family will then spend a week in Australia.
The royals will visit:
• Wellington (7th April, 9th April, 16th April)
• Blenheim (10th April)
• Auckland (11th April)
• Hamilton and Cambridge (12th April)
• Dunedin (13th April)
• Queenstown (13th April)
• Christchurch (14th April)
While The Duke of Cambridge has visited Australia and NZ several times, The Duchess has yet to travel to either. Specific events will celebrate New Zealand's success in the fields of technology, tourism, sports and the creative arts, the Palace says.
In what is the one-hundredth anniversary of the start of the First World War, The tour will also include several opportunities to recognise the sacrifice of members of the Australian and New Zealand armed forces. Among these, Their Royal Highnesses will attend a ceremony in Blenheim, New Zealand, and the ANZAC Commemorative Service in Canberra, Australia.
Prince William visited Christchurch shortly after the earthquake of February 2011. On this visit, Their Royal Highnesses will witness the city's reconstruction programme and view its plans for the future.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Big swings in Orion Health's share price ahead of key earnings announcement today
- TechDay and NetGuide publisher settles with liquidators, creditors left $2m short
- PM defends MPI as criticism over myrtle rust spread mounts
- NBR Rich List family unable to settle dispute over $264k
- MARKET CLOSE: NZ shares fall in light holiday trading
Most listened to
- Lawyer Adina Thorn discusses her decision to launch a class action against Carter Holt Harvey over its Shadowclad product
- Westpac senior economist Satish Ranchhod says student inflows continue to be a big driver of growth
- Spark chief executive Simon Moutter says getting in tune with your market is a major benefit from diversity
- Nevil Gibson reveals rising life expectancy rates could increase pension costs even higher
- NBR Radio: best of the week ended May 26, with Grant Walker