Bank of Baroda comes to New Zealand

Bank of Baroda (BOB), India’s third-largest nationalised bank with global business worth more than $85 billion, is to establish commercial banking operations in New Zealand, initially with a branch in Auckland.

The bank will function as a subsidiary company, offering a wide range of banking services, sources in Mumbai told NBR last night.

It is understood that the subsidiary will be governed by a board, comprising local and overseas directors to meet Reserve Bank regulations and that the process is now in its final stages of approval.

The bank has appointed a senior executive to head the branch.

Dr Anil Kumar Khandelwal, who visited Auckland as chairman and managing director of the bank in May 2007, said BOB was keen to establish its presence in New Zealand, which he said offered immense growth potential to serve not only the Indian community but also other ethnic groups.

“BOB has its presence in 61 countries [now 71] around the world and we consider New Zealand to be an ideal destination for business.

“Apart from its booming economy, India’s ‘Look East Policy’ and market reforms, its increasing role in the Association of South Asian Nations countries afford closer economic, financial and social cooperation with countries such as Australia and New Zealand,” he had said.

Mr Khandelwal retired on March 31, 2008, following which the Indian government appointed M D Mallya as his successor.

As at the end of March 2008, the bank’s total deposits stood at $50.07 billion (up by 21.7% over the previous year), of which overseas deposits were $9.73 billion. Its gross profit was $997.25 million, while net profit, at $472.10 million, accounted for an increase of almost 40% over the corresponding period in March 2007.

Mr Mallya said the bank’s presence in New Zealand was part of BOB’s ambitious plans for expansion overseas, besides penetration in countries where it has presence to serve its 33 million global customers better.

“Among the other countries where BOB has plans to open branches or subsidiaries are Canada, Kuwait, Mozambique, Qatar, Russia and Saudi Arabia,” he said.

The bank opened a representative office in Australia last year, while its branch in Fiji has been in operation since 1961.

Since then, BOB’s presence in Fiji has expanded to include five more branches at Lautoka, Ba, Nadi, Sigatoka and Labasa, agencies at Rakiraki and Tauva and a fully equipped training centre in Suva

42 · Got a question about this story? Leave it in Comments & Questions below.

It's an excellent opportunity for the Indians in NZ to show commitment and support.

Harish Patel
Wellington

i want open account in bank of baroda and is it possible to send money in india directly to my account in bank of baroda in india.if yes plz ask which way and in auckland which place bank of baroda

Its commitment and dedicated service helped to spread her wings in the global competitive environment. Looking forward to the inauguration.

Paul Jaswanth
Auckland

Please send the website and contact details of the bank of baroda which is opened in auckland

Hi,
I want to open an account. Can you pl. come back to me re. where are you contact tele. number etc.
My Contact number: 021 036 1780.
E-mail id: srimathyramani@yahoo.co.in
Regards
Sri

i want to open my account in bank of baroda plz give me a information my id is yogeshnz@yahoo.co.nz

It's great to have BOB in NZ, could you please proivde with the address, email ID and contact numbers with contact person's name.

Nilesh
Auckland.

Being educational consultant would like to know if BOB could offer support or assistance to students coming to NZ?

Very happy BOB has opened here in Auckland. Contact details would be much appreciated.

We are happy to know that BOB has opened a branch at Auckland. We wish many more branches be opened in NZ..

Branch in Auckland - Opening Date

Great Job!

Great its a wonderful oppotunity for more money to be vaccumed out of new zealand.

I want to enquire about opening new A/C with you. Could you please confirm me about your physical address and contact no. to get back to you.
my email address: amit.salhotra2003@gmail.com
Mob: 0212545826.

Hello,

I am glad to know that Bank of Baroda's branch is opening in Auckland. I would like to be a part of this branch so I would just like to know how I contact the main person who may be able to help me.

You can do the correspondence on the following e-mail address:
varsha.mehta8@gmail.com

Your Sincerely,

Varsha Mehta

pl contact on 09 5790 728

I beleive the Branch is opening on Dominion Road, can you please advise when

Eagerly waiting for new account to be opened

I Am reading from last six months that you are opening your branch in Auckland but still no information yet.

Hi...
I am flying to India on 12th of April, before that I like to open account in Bank of Baroda so please call me on 0211255994 or send me email physical address and contact on yogesh.patel@dhl.com ASAP

Thanks in Advance...

Please supply email address OF Bank of Baroda for more information,
my email sureshkaravadra@hotmail.com

Hi there,

Can any one please send me BOB's details such as address and phone number? much appreciated.

my contact details are:

mrigendra.singh@telstraclear.co.nz
personal-- 021-174-6030
office-- 027-735-4249, 9-909-8032
home-- 09-276-1389

Hello There,
Sorry to bother you.
I have received a phone call today from the above number for a job interview but my partner picked up the call and couldn't quite understand it as she just came from overseas. I searched for this number and it came with your result. So just wanted to know if you can call me again as I tried to call back but it keeps coming back busy all the time.
Look forward to hear from you soon.

regards,
Sabi

Hello

Its me again. Just to reply your question about the BOB address. Its on Dominion st towards Gandhi Center.

Regards

Sabi.

Hi
Appreciate if you could advise me the contact phone no for Bank of Baroda, AKL.

My Contact Details: 021 782 619
Email : anupk@sabre.co.nz
Best regards/Anup

Hi....I am very glad to know that your branch is going to open in Auckland, New Zealand and wishing you to get good business. Furtner I want to know that could you please let me know about the rules & regulations about to transfer money from here to India and from India to Nz as well........... Thanks !
My email ID: Kaushiksoni52@yahoo.com

Hi, I am in Auckland on Work permit and have completed my graduation in computing in Auckland and also have a good typing speed. So, if, there is any job available then u can contact me. I am from Baroda, Gujarat. So, I can communicate with indians in a well manner. U can contact me on 02102711972.

Hi

I am Chetna having work permit and my PR application in the process.I do have the bank experience also. I worked in the ICICI Bank for a year as a Sales Coordinator.My expericence is related to admin cum customer service. If you have any vaccany than let me know. My no is 0210578460, 09 354 3686.
Thanks

Hi,

My name is Som. I am a New Zealand Resident. I have around 10 years of experience in banking and finance. I was an ICICI employee for 4 years working in the PFS department. I also worked for G.E Countrywide finance,Standard Chartered Bank and JP Morgan Chase. If a vacancy arises, please email me on somburman@rediffmail.com.

Thanks

I want to know the full address of bank of baroda in New Zealand

Bank of Baroda will be launching by this month end. their address is 114 Dominion road, and more information can be gathered from their website, which is under construction now.. www.barodanzltd.co.nz.. the branch is open for enquiries and is collecting account opening forms as of now. they are open on wek days: 10-7pm. you can walk in, like i did..

welcome to newzealand and its pride to joing with one of india good bank so i want to open account here in nz with bob so could you please provide contact or address of bob

I am a business student here in auckland .
i am looking for job in bank . i have 4 and 8 months experience
of nri banking deptt. in indian banks(hdfc,axis icici).
if there any req. my no. 0210494340

I am a business student here in auckland .
i am looking for job in bank . i have 4 and 8 months experience
of nri banking deptt. in indian banks(hdfc,axis icici).
if there any req. my no. 0210494340

I am a B.com graduate initially from Baroda, now a New Zealand citizen. I have ASB Bank experience. I am looking for a job in the same field. Please let me know if there is any upcoming vacancy with BOB. my email address is n1saiyad@hotmail.com

Thanks

Is there any branch of Bank Of Baroda in Auckland, New Zealand....???
Please send me the details about the Bank Of Baroda Branch in Auckland, New Zealand on my email ID : jainishpatel91@gmail.com

It's great to have BOB in NZ, can you provide the address and contact numbers with contact person's name on my email id.

thank you !

vikas.nzim@gmail.com

The likely framework of time and place of opening branch.

Suggest Papatoetoe and around Kingsland/Sandringham area and New Lynn/Henderson area

could you please inform me if a branch of BANK OF BARODA will soon have a branch in wellington.

many thanks