Four major retail banks are among those clambering to help teachers caught up in the Novotpay payroll saga.
In all, eight banks – ANZ, ASB, Westpac, BNZ, Kiwibank, SBS Bank, TSB and The Co-operative Bank – are now offering interest-free overdrafts until January 15.
Earlier in the month another hole in the Novopay payroll system emerged when it was discovered a school could see the pay, and edit details, of a teacher who worked for another school.
Since Australian company Talent2 (formerly Morgan & Banks) was paid $30 million to develop Novopay three months ago, thousands of teachers have been incorrectly paid or not paid at all.
Now the New Zealand Bankers’ Association says because the issue affects the largest single payroll in the country banks are queuing up to help out.
“It’s about helping to ensure affected teachers and staff continue to have access to funds over the holiday period,” association chief executive Kirk Hope says.
The overdrafts are limited to the value of the total amount of payments which have been delayed.
Mr Hope says affected staff members need to provide evidence to their bank saying they have missed payroll payments and their bank will then arrange the overdraft facility.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Snowball appoints head of growth capital
- Xero makes a special alteration to rival's billboard
- NZ dollar climbs above 70 US cents on relatively upbeat kiwi fundamentals
- Lindsay makes first investment since selling Sistema
- Three fintech start-ups pitch for funds at end of Kiwibank-sponsored accelerator
Most listened to
- Business leaders on Budget 2017: Failure to set up any significant public-private partnerships for infrastructure is "really disappointing," says Paul Glass
- Serko’s Darrin Grafton says the company can use its SME platform to expand globally
- Trump travels overseas selling jobs as North Korea continues to lash out, on Trump’s Beltway with Nathan Smith
- Nick Shewring says co-working attracts "awesome people doing cool things"
- NBR Radio: best of the week ended May 19, with Grant Walker