This is a supplied media release.
Barfoot & Thompson is pleased to announce the appointment of Chris Dobbie to the role of chief executive officer. He stepped into the role officially on February 19.
First joining the company 24 years ago, Chris was previously the chief financial officer at Barfoot & Thompson, a position he has held since 2001.
“Chris brings a great depth and breath of knowledge to this role, honed over many years managing the financial side of our business,” says managing director Peter Thompson.
“He has complemented this with a clear enthusiasm for leadership and management and continued professional development in those areas.
“We are excited to have someone with such a passion for the business and its future direction at the helm as we head towards the company’s centenary.”
Speaking about his new responsibilities, Mr Dobbie says he looks forward to bringing a fresh focus to all sectors of the business. “There is no rest for the market leaders. We will be challenging traditional real estate with innovation, while building on our strengths to further entrench our position for the long-term.”
Priya Shankar, who has worked as the company’s accountant for more than a decade, will move into the role of financial controller.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Tim Hunter questions whether Pie Funds' performance fee ditching will change the sector
- Craigs’ Mark Lister on the outlook for GDP, net migration
- Lockwood Group managing director Andrew La Grouw hopes to enhance Lockwood’s status as a premium brand
- Retail analyst Chris Wilkinson on how Costco could shake up the retail sector
- NBR Radio: The best interviews – updated daily, with Grant Walker