The Auckland Harbourmaster has issued an exclusion zone notice banning boaties from an area off the southern side of Brown’s Island on Saturday evening.
The no-go area will be the base of a major fireworks show being planned for 10pm by an Auckland businessman to celebrate his 65th birthday.
The ban will ensure boaties will be out of danger of the firing base, which will be detonating scores of rockets, including some from huge 40cm mortars.
(Happy BIrthday, Barry Colman - Editor)
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Trump's Beltway: Trump doubles Mar-a-Lago membership fee to $200K
- Wellington Sevens' slump shows need to back 'fans,' not whingers
- Michael Parekowhai’s “Lighthouse” is a monument to the state house
- Shoeshine: Moa’s big challenge to avoid following its namesake
- Law at war: Insiders say Auckland law faculty is in ‘crisis’