The Auckland Harbourmaster has issued an exclusion zone notice banning boaties from an area off the southern side of Brown’s Island on Saturday evening.
The no-go area will be the base of a major fireworks show being planned for 10pm by an Auckland businessman to celebrate his 65th birthday.
The ban will ensure boaties will be out of danger of the firing base, which will be detonating scores of rockets, including some from huge 40cm mortars.
(Happy BIrthday, Barry Colman - Editor)
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Lawyer Adina Thorn discusses her decision to launch a class action against Carter Holt Harvey over its Shadowclad product
- Westpac senior economist Satish Ranchhod says student inflows continue to be a big driver of growth
- Volpara chief executive Ralph Highnam on his company's $9.6m loss and fast-growing revenue
- NBR's Jenny Ruth on what analysts are saying about Ebos' $A154m HPS purchase
- NBR Radio: best of the week ended May 26, with Grant Walker