German magazine giant Bauer has made key editorial staff appointments ahead of its takeover of several APN titles.
In January Bauer was given Commerce Commission approval to take over the New Zealand Woman’s Weekly, NZ Listener, Simply You, Simply You Living and Crème.
Bauer Media has appointed Woman’s Day editor Sido Kitchin to editor-in-chief at Woman’s Day and NZ Woman’s Weekly, following Bauer’s takeover of several APN titles. Her appointment begins March 3.
Fiona Fraser – who was editor of Australian Woman’s Weekly – now takes on the editorship of the New Zealand Woman’s Weekly.
Bauer chief executive Paul Dykzeul says Pamela Stirling continues as editor of NZ Listener.
NBR MediaWatch columnist David Cohen reports at least five Listener staff have gone under the takeover, which will also see staff switch to PCs from Macs to cut costs.
Virtually no production or subscription staff were kept under the takeover, which affected about half of approximately 65 APN magazine staff.
Woman’s Day and NZ Woman’s Weekly (editor-in-chief) Sido Kitchin
NZ Woman’s Weekly (editor) Fiona Fraser
NZ Listener (editor) Pamela Stirling
The Australian Women’s Weekly (editor) Cath Bennett
Simply You Style (editor) Trudi Brewer
Home New Zealand and Simply You Living (editor) Jeremy Hansen
Crème (editor) Kristina Rapley
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Massey University's David Tripe talking about ANZ's exposure to Pumpkin Patch
- NBR's Jenny Ruth on Abano's major shareholder's continuing feud with the company
- Better by Design's Geoff Suvalko explains how a struggling business can turn around
- John Key says further RMA will be needed - but he needs a mandate to do so
- Craigs' Mohandeep Singh on Bapcor's takeover offer for Hellaby