“Hon Dr Robert Fisher, QC, has confirmed the report by former judge Justice Ian Binnie, QC, is flawed and would not withstand scrutiny," Justice Minister Judith Collins says.
“Mr Bain has asked the Government, on behalf of New Zealanders, to consider his claim for compensation.
“It would be unacceptable to me and unfair for New Zealand generally and for Mr Bain, to take a recommendation to Cabinet for compensation based on a flawed report.
“Given the high level of public and media interest in this issue, and to respond to Mr Bain’s supporters and Mr Binnie’s calls to release the reports, I have decided to make both reports public.
"I think this is also important in the interests of transparency of process,” Ms Collins says.
More to come.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Damien Grant on a disturbing trend in the insolvency game
- Westland Milk chairman Matt O’Regan says the co-op's performance in the 2015/16 season was "less than desirable"
- Airwork’s Hugh Jones on his reasons for selling
- John Key warns "Hobson Pledge" group similar to Trump
- Massey University's David Tripe talking about ANZ's exposure to Pumpkin Patch