A local sleeper medical technology company has ambitious plans to move into commercial production, and won’t rule out an initial public offering.
Reporter David Williams looks into how the up and coming tech company are developing a smart device to remotely monitor how people with asthma and other respiratory diseases are coping with treatment, in today’s National Business Review print edition.
In other news, Wellington-based reporter Rob Hosking looks at why ACC levies are being shrouded in mystery by the government, with Business New Zealand saying the costly levy is no longer needed.
AMP talks on why it won’t be touching mortgage funds again for a while, after finally paying out bondholders more than $173 million from a frozen fund.
Lobby Watch takes a magnifying glass to pro-GM lobbyist Dr William Rolleston, looking at how the well-connected scientist and vice-president of Federated Farmers could fracture the $31 billion farming industry.
Economic columnist Neville Bennett counts the cost of the “grim reaper” GFC, saying New Zealand will dangerously continue to ride the back of the Chinese dragon in future.
A guest column by Steve Nicholson deciphers Indonesia’s presidential election, and company director Victoria Carter passes on her tips.
- Shoeshine examines why investors should carefully study Fonterra’s denial of disclosure breach.
- Rich listers are leading Christchurch’s first major post-earthquake anchor project.
- A special report on how to put together the perfect conference.
All this and more in today’s National Business Review. Out now.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Pumpkin Patch receivers expected to target Christmas shoppers
- Restaurant Brands agrees to pay $US105m for Hawaiian fast-food chain
- Wynyard: classic governance failure – Hawkins
- Abano’s major shareholder unsuccessfully opposed chairman’s re-election
- Worried about your workplace culture? You’re not alone
Most listened to
- Massey University's David Tripe talking about ANZ's exposure to Pumpkin Patch
- NBR's Jenny Ruth on Abano's major shareholder's continuing feud with the company
- Better by Design's Geoff Suvalko explains how a struggling business can turn around
- John Key says further RMA will be needed - but he needs a mandate to do so
- Craigs' Mohandeep Singh on Bapcor's takeover offer for Hellaby