International container shipping line Maersk says its ships have not been affected by the oil spill at Mt Maunganui’s main beach.
Stricken container ship MV Rena is leaking oil from its stranding on Astrolabe Reef at Mt Maunganui.
A spokesperson for Mearsk, which now makes a greater number of export calls out of the Port of Tauranga, says the oil spill has not affected operations to date.
The Port of Tauranga said it all normal shipping and cargo operations were operating as usual.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Labour's Jacinda Ardern says she has no interest in the health portfolio
- EPA draws Trump's ire and GW Bush weighs in on Russia fiasco, on Trump's Beltway
- NZ King Salmon CEO Grant Rosewarne on meeting the prospectus forecasts
- Beef and Lamb NZ chairman James Parsons says the red meat sector is upbeat about re-entering the Iranian market
- "Probably time I moved over," says outgoing Labour Party deputy Annette King