International container shipping line Maersk says its ships have not been affected by the oil spill at Mt Maunganui’s main beach.
Stricken container ship MV Rena is leaking oil from its stranding on Astrolabe Reef at Mt Maunganui.
A spokesperson for Mearsk, which now makes a greater number of export calls out of the Port of Tauranga, says the oil spill has not affected operations to date.
The Port of Tauranga said it all normal shipping and cargo operations were operating as usual.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- "We’re not saying the government needs to just give a handout here," says Fed Farmers chief William Rolleston of his Budget bid
- NBR's Jenny Ruth on the Australian Budget levy on major banks and its impact on smaller banks
- NZ Rugby CEO Steve Tew says balancing broadcasting rights and connection to fans is a delicate balance
- Nevil Gibson reveals what's behind the Chinese takeover pullback and which companies will be targeted in future
- NBR Radio: best of the week ended May 19, with Grant Walker