China Construction Bank Corp (CCB) has become the 25th lender to be registered to provide banking services in New Zealand, the Reserve Bank says.
The Chinese lender will operate in New Zealand as a branch. It also has a subsidiary, China Construction Bank (New Zealand), which has been registered since July 2014.
Beijing-based CCB is China's second-largest lender after Industrial and Commercial Bank of China, which had a New Zealand subsidiary registered in November 2013. Bank of China is the other Chinese lender with a subsidiary registered in New Zealand.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Tim Hunter decries Auckland Council's case for a new covered stadium
- TIN managing director Greg Shanahan explains the opportunity for offshore investment in New Zealand tech
- Brent Edwards takes a look at whether fiscal prudence can lead to economic growth
- Finance Minister Grant Robertson outlines R&D intentions, talks tax and disses the Holidays Act
- Nevil Gibson's business travel roundup examines developments in Christchurch, latest new routes and a codeshare update
- NBR Radio: The best interviews – updated daily, with Grant Walker