The finalists have been revealed for The CIO Awards, in conjunction with the 2014 CIO Summit.
The CIO (chief information officer) Awards celebrate and recognise individuals and teams who have shown leadership, innovation and foresight in their contribution to ICT and business.
Emerging ICT Leader – Sponsored by Hays
The Emerging ICT Leader award recognises, celebrates and encourages the exceptional ICT Talent of professionals under the age of 35 years. We are looking for the future leaders of the ICT sector in New Zealand; people who have demonstrated outstanding ICT initiative.
- James Bergin Chief Architect ASB
- Neil Gong ISS Manager NZMA
- Amanda White ICT Manager Marlborough Lines
- John Fitness ICT Manager Financial Markets Authority
Engaging Youth In ICT – Sponsored by Fronde
This category showcases outstanding initiatives by private enterprise, public sector or academic institutions that encourage young people to learn about and successfully pursue careers in information technology. The aim is to encourage enterprises to take action to ensure a healthy future pipeline of ICT professionals.
- The Mind Lab
- AUT University
CIO of the Year – Sponsored by Symantec
New Zealand’s CIO of the Year will demonstrate how they have positioned the role of CIO strategically within the company. They will be able to show innovation and key successes achieved in the past 12 months and into the future and show how this fits with the company's overall business strategy.
- Kevin Angland Chief Information Officer IAG
- Channa Jayasinha Manager, Business Information & Technology (CIO) Wellington City Council
- Marcus Lloyd Group IT Manager Te Runanganui o Ngati Porou
The winners will be announced at the CIO Awards Gala dinner on 11 June at Sky City in Auckland.
The CIO Summit is entering its eighth year in 2014 and during this time it has grown to become the foremost industry event for senior executives.
Over the years, the Summit has attracted international thought leaders including Facebook CIO Tim Campos, World Bank CIO Chris Vein and former NYSE CIO Steve Rubinow.
This year, it will be attended by more than 500 CIOs and executives, and speakers will include: Daniel Heaf, Chief Digital Officer for BBC Worldwide; Jeff Semenchuk, Chief Innovation Officer for Hyatt Hotels Corporation; and Peter Ennis, Former Executive Director – Technology and Broadcast for Al Jazeera Media Network.
NBR is the official media partner for the 2014 CIO Summit and CIO Awards. More: www.cioawards.co.nz,
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Infometrics economist Mieke Welvaert says net migration may have reached that “peak point”
- The Warehouse boss Nick Grayston discusses the group's future
- Shane Solly on what higher government bond yields mean for local equities
- Professor Andrew Geddis on the rules of engagement for MMP negotiations
- NBR Radio: best of the week ended September 22, with Grant Walker