Education NZ has appointed Clemenger BBDO, Touch/Cast and OMD for work on its international education ads.
Clemenger BBDO will lead branding, with digital support from Touch/Cast and media buying from OMD.
The account was awarded after a full creative pitch. Seventeen formal submissions were made for the account.
Education NZ general manager of marketing and channel development Kathryn McCarrison says the trio are a team who had “been there and done that” in the key markets for Education NZ.
The government agency's current focus is on China, India and Indonesia. It has targeted to double the value of international students to $5 billion by 2025.
Clemenger BBDO managing director Andrew Holt says the Wellington-based branch had leveraged its Asian connections to win the pitch.
What really won it for the agency were the insights from their Shanghai office into how education was perceived in New Zealand, he says.
An overall “NZ brand story” is being created by Australian agency Principals to aid Education NZ, Tourism NZ and NZ Trade and Enterprise.
Mr Holt says he is unsure how it is going to work, but they will work closely with other partners such as Tourism NZ.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Restaurant Brands agrees to pay $US105m for Hawaiian fast-food chain
- Briefcase: Anderson Lloyd's gold rush, Overcrowded law schools, Leaky home issues grow
- beIN Sports NZ soft launches with a dismal, bare-bones service
- What can we learn from Wynyard’s voluntary administration?
- NZ ranked first in world for ease of doing business
Most listened to
- John Key says further RMA will be needed - but he needs a mandate to do so
- Craigs' Mohandeep Singh on Bapcor's takeover offer for Hellaby
- Abano CEO Richard Keys on the outlook for the business
- ‘Most people over 50 don’t understand New Zealand history’ – Geoff Wane on why the Hobson’s Choice campaign is so wrong-headed
- Wynyard: Shareholders Association John Hawkins - shareholders learning a pretty hard lesson