Labour MPs Trevor Mallard and Andrew Little have publicly regretted their implication that ACC Minister Judith Collins falsely told parliament that neither she nor her office was responsible for an ACC leak.
The leak centred on an email sent to Miss Collins by Michelle Boag, a former National party president and friend of Bronwyn Pullar, at a time Ms Pullar was wrangling with ACC for continued compensation.
Following an all-day, behind-closed doors settlement conference between Miss Collins and Messrs Mallard and Little at Auckland High Court, it was confirmed the defamation proceedings had been settled and the case would not proceed to trial.
The parties would not make any further comment this afternoon.
Miss Collins handed NBR ONLINE the following statement:
Collins v Mallard & Little
The parties agree the leak of the email Ms Boag sent to the Minister and forwarded on her instructions, as the responsible minister, to the chairman and chief executive of ACC, raised an issue of serious public concern and that Messrs Mallard and Little were entitled to question who was responsible for that leak.
The parties continue to differ over whether the remarks made by Messrs Mallard and Little respectively on Radio New Zealand implied the minister falsely assured the House that neither she nor her office was responsible for the leak.
Messrs Mallard and Little have confirmed to Ms Collins that was not their intention and wish to make that clear publicly and in the event such meaning was taken, they regret it.
The parties will make no further comment on the proceeding.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Lawyer Adina Thorn discusses her decision to launch a class action against Carter Holt Harvey over its Shadowclad product
- Westpac senior economist Satish Ranchhod says student inflows continue to be a big driver of growth
- Volpara chief executive Ralph Highnam on his company's $9.6m loss and fast-growing revenue
- NBR's Jenny Ruth on what analysts are saying about Ebos' $A154m HPS purchase
- NBR Radio: best of the week ended May 26, with Grant Walker