BUSINESSDESK: Colonial Motor Co, which owns Ford Motor and Mazda dealerships, said the second half didn’t pan out quite as badly had it had feared when it posted a 64% surge in first-half earnings in February.
At the time of the bumper first-half result, the company said it “did not expect the result for the next six months to be as good”.
The company today said trading in the second half of the year “has been better than we anticipated when we made this comment”.
The shares last traded at $3.15 and have climbed 21% this year.
The company will announce its full-year results on August 22.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Business Week in Review with Grant Walker & Andrew Patterson
- Matthew Hooton on what a National win in Mt Roskill could mean for Labour
- Tim Hunter on Sky's awkward Chinese problem
- Paul Goldsmith's attempt at insolvency law reform has been hijacked by a 'basked of deplorables' says Damien Grant
- First Retail Group's Chris Wilkinson on Pumpkin Patch's worsening situation