Commissioners at the Kaipara District Council have announced that Jill McPherson will take up the position of acting chief executive after the departure of current chief executive, Steve Ruru.
Mr Ruru will leave the council in October to become chief executive at Southland District Council.
The chairman of commissioners, John Robertson, said the commissioners were mindful of the uncertainty created by the possible reorganisation of the Northland councils. This is a matter still before the Local Government Commission.
“We have decided not to begin a recruitment process until this re-organisation question is finally decided,” Mr Robertson said.
“This may be done by Christmas or take until mid-2015. It makes no sense to try to recruit for this important position when there is a possibility that there would not be a job.
“We are fortunate to have a person with the experience and skills of Dr Jill McPherson to fill this position in the meantime. Dr McPherson has been in the senior management team at the Council for more than two years.”
Dr McPherson will take over a council still badly affected by a sewerage scheme funding mess that is still not resolved.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Winston's choice: Jacinda Ardern poised to become prime minister
- Kiwi drops near five-month low as NZ First backs Labour-led coalition
- Nats baulking over Winston Peters' demand for more ministers
- Kraft Heinz buys ANZ Cerebos assets for $A290 million
- Two CAs appointed chairwoman and director of NZ CA
Most listened to
- Rob Hosking on Winston's choice
- IDC's Chayse Gorton on Kiwis' online vs offline shopping preference - and how it's out of step with the rest of the world
- NZSA chief executive Michael Midgley on how he will vote undirected Fletcher proxies
- Restaurant Brands' Grant Ellis discusses progress at the fast food group
- Rob Hosking says politicians need to understand the effect their promises will have on what the Reserve Bank has to do
- AMP Capital investment manager Jonathan Armstrong discusses why an expansion is right for Tauranga's Bayfair shopping centre
- NBR Radio: The best interviews, with Grant Walker — updated daily