Commissioners at the Kaipara District Council have announced that Jill McPherson will take up the position of acting chief executive after the departure of current chief executive, Steve Ruru.
Mr Ruru will leave the council in October to become chief executive at Southland District Council.
The chairman of commissioners, John Robertson, said the commissioners were mindful of the uncertainty created by the possible reorganisation of the Northland councils. This is a matter still before the Local Government Commission.
“We have decided not to begin a recruitment process until this re-organisation question is finally decided,” Mr Robertson said.
“This may be done by Christmas or take until mid-2015. It makes no sense to try to recruit for this important position when there is a possibility that there would not be a job.
“We are fortunate to have a person with the experience and skills of Dr Jill McPherson to fill this position in the meantime. Dr McPherson has been in the senior management team at the Council for more than two years.”
Dr McPherson will take over a council still badly affected by a sewerage scheme funding mess that is still not resolved.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Carter Holt Harvey draws councils into leaky school claim
- Crown argues it has power to revoke status of conservation land in Ruataniwha appeal
- Bill English: Drug abuse preventing young kiwis from working
- Spark partners with Netflix to boost flagging broadband share
- MARKET CLOSE: NZ shares gain on Metlifecare result
Most listened to
- New EO on regulations while cyber and ISIS fight to get boost, on Trump’s Beltway
- NZ's strong economy behind another record high migration figure
- Metlifecare's Glen Sowry on trying to be different from the competition
- Vector CEO Simon Mackenzie on how investment is subduing today's profits
- Villa Maria chief winemaker Nick Picone says the next few weeks' weather will determine the quality of this year's vintage