Commissioners at the Kaipara District Council have announced that Jill McPherson will take up the position of acting chief executive after the departure of current chief executive, Steve Ruru.
Mr Ruru will leave the council in October to become chief executive at Southland District Council.
The chairman of commissioners, John Robertson, said the commissioners were mindful of the uncertainty created by the possible reorganisation of the Northland councils. This is a matter still before the Local Government Commission.
“We have decided not to begin a recruitment process until this re-organisation question is finally decided,” Mr Robertson said.
“This may be done by Christmas or take until mid-2015. It makes no sense to try to recruit for this important position when there is a possibility that there would not be a job.
“We are fortunate to have a person with the experience and skills of Dr Jill McPherson to fill this position in the meantime. Dr McPherson has been in the senior management team at the Council for more than two years.”
Dr McPherson will take over a council still badly affected by a sewerage scheme funding mess that is still not resolved.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Orion announces discounted rights issue, hints at possible takeover
- Budget aftermath shows opposition flailing
- PFI to pay $42m to swap one management contract for another
- Mainfreight FY profit rises 16%, tops $100m for the first time, on strong ANZ performance
- TechDay and NetGuide publisher settles with liquidators, creditors left $2m short
Most listened to
- Labour and Greens are flailing after the Budget 2017 reveal according to NBR's Rob Hosking
- PFI chairman Peter Masfen on the management contract buyout proposal
- Spark chief executive Simon Moutter says getting in tune with your market is a major benefit from diversity
- Turners chief executive Todd Hunter on the outlook for the business
- NBR Radio: best of the week ended May 26, with Grant Walker