UPDATE: TVNZ spokeswoman Georgie Hills confimed to NBR ONLINE: "The consultation process has been completed and the upshot of that is that Close Up will finish on November 30."
The official consultation period over Close Up's future appears to have closed.
TVNZ is advertising for four positions for a new 7pm news and current affairs show.
One ad is for the executive producer position. It describes a show that sounds similar to its predecessor: "Launching in early 2013, the programme will break stories, have first-class content produced by compelling storytellers, with the best talent, packaged in a way that really grabs and keeps attention."
Close Up's executive producer is Graeme Muir. A TVNZ spokeswoman would not comment on whether he would apply for the position on the new show.
Two "creative producer" positions are also advertised, which possibly offer some insight into the Close-up replacement.
The successful applicants "Skilled at using alternative sources to find content – Twitter, YouTube, overseas sources. Experience in television would be a bonus."
The state broadcaster is also looking for a talent booker for the new 7pm show (see all four jobs ads here).
TVNZ did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Cooperative Bank posts flat annual earnings as shrinking margins offset lending growth
- Legal snags mount for Goff's proposed rates increase for hotels and motels
- NBR Rich List family unable to settle dispute over $264k
- New Warehouse executive explains his $150k Trump donation
- Trump will probably win re-election in 2020
Most listened to
- Lawyer Adina Thorn discusses her decision to launch a class action against Carter Holt Harvey over its Shadowclad product
- Westpac senior economist Satish Ranchhod says student inflows continue to be a big driver of growth
- Volpara chief executive Ralph Highnam on his company's $9.6m loss and fast-growing revenue
- NBR's Jenny Ruth on what analysts are saying about Ebos' $A154m HPS purchase
- NBR Radio: best of the week ended May 26, with Grant Walker