Christchurch's quake-hit Crowne Plaza hotel has slowly disappeared into a pile of rubble over the past five weeks
The high reach "nibbler" tackles the top section.
The Forsyth Barr building seen background in the photo below will also come down. So will the PriceWaterhouseCoopers building just visible to the left.
Work also began this week on demolishing the Anglican cathedral tower in Cathedral Square, to the dismay of heritage aficionados.
Click any image to enlarge; all photos by Chris Hutching.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Business Week in Review with Grant Walker & Andrew Patterson
- Matthew Hooton on what a National win in Mt Roskill could mean for Labour
- Tim Hunter on Sky's awkward Chinese problem
- Paul Goldsmith's attempt at insolvency law reform has been hijacked by a 'basked of deplorables' says Damien Grant
- First Retail Group's Chris Wilkinson on Pumpkin Patch's worsening situation