Christchurch's quake-hit Crowne Plaza hotel has slowly disappeared into a pile of rubble over the past five weeks
The high reach "nibbler" tackles the top section.
The Forsyth Barr building seen background in the photo below will also come down. So will the PriceWaterhouseCoopers building just visible to the left.
Work also began this week on demolishing the Anglican cathedral tower in Cathedral Square, to the dismay of heritage aficionados.
Click any image to enlarge; all photos by Chris Hutching.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Rocket Lab's Peter Beck on his company's second test launch surprise
- Rod Snodgrass explains why tertiary education isn't everything to employers
- CFO Reuben Casey discusses Kathmandu's improved annual results
- Simply Group boss Murray Dyer explains why the company is launching into risk management and trading
- NBR Radio: best of the week ended September 22, with Grant Walker