Singapore-based New Zealand billionaire and NBR Rich Lister Richard Chandler has appointed fellow-Kiwi David Walker as his first group chief executive.
Mr Walker’s appointment follows a reorganisation of Richard Chandler Corporation late last year, which saw all businesses and investments consolidated into four main industry groups, a company statement says.
A former senior executive with Macquarie Capital’s forestry interests, Mr Walker (50) has more than 25 years professional advisory and investment banking experience in forestry, energy, and other industries, focused on strategy consulting, mergers and takeovers and financial structuring.
Based in Singapore since 1996 after 11 years in Finland, Mr Walker, a Victoria University graduate, formed his own advisory firm, Kauri Capital, in 2010.
He is a former president and ceo of Poyry in Asia-Pacific and ceo of Poyry Consulting, the world’s leading forest products industry consulting and engineering firm.
In a statement Mr Chandler, valued at $5 billion on last year’s NBR Rich List and one of only three New Zealanders to make the Forbes Rich List, says Mr Walker brings solid business experience, a track record of integrity and success and is ideally suited to lead the company in building and investing in great companies around the world.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Rocket Lab has lift-off, but doesn't make it to orbit
- Budget 2017 at a glance
- Crimson Consulting scholarship for Maori could be better, says Fox
- Kiwi business traveller stranded in San Francisco after United de-planes his wallet and passport
- Budget 2017: Mental health at centre of government’s $321m social investment package
Most listened to
- NBR's Rob Hosking with budget analysis. No lolly scramble but sweeteners aplenty
- Grant Thornton tax partner Murray Brewer with his take on the tax package
- NBR’s Calida Smylie talks to CTU policy head Bill Rosenberg in the Budget 2017 lock up
- OMF Financial’s Nigel Brunel discusses the economic implications of the Budget
- MetroGlass CEO Nigel Rigby on the outlook and market share position
- David Seymour gives Gareth Morgan a serve as the latest political party donations are disclosed
- NBR Radio: best of the week ended May 19, with Grant Walker