Singapore-based New Zealand billionaire and NBR Rich Lister Richard Chandler has appointed fellow-Kiwi David Walker as his first group chief executive.
Mr Walker’s appointment follows a reorganisation of Richard Chandler Corporation late last year, which saw all businesses and investments consolidated into four main industry groups, a company statement says.
A former senior executive with Macquarie Capital’s forestry interests, Mr Walker (50) has more than 25 years professional advisory and investment banking experience in forestry, energy, and other industries, focused on strategy consulting, mergers and takeovers and financial structuring.
Based in Singapore since 1996 after 11 years in Finland, Mr Walker, a Victoria University graduate, formed his own advisory firm, Kauri Capital, in 2010.
He is a former president and ceo of Poyry in Asia-Pacific and ceo of Poyry Consulting, the world’s leading forest products industry consulting and engineering firm.
In a statement Mr Chandler, valued at $5 billion on last year’s NBR Rich List and one of only three New Zealanders to make the Forbes Rich List, says Mr Walker brings solid business experience, a track record of integrity and success and is ideally suited to lead the company in building and investing in great companies around the world.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Tourism Association head Chris Roberts explains why the accommodation industry will fight 150% council rates rises
- Competition lawyer Andy Matthews' rates Spark's chance of success with its Skyfone legal challenge
- Kiwibank CEO Paul Brock on rising mortgage book, falling profit
- Thincats’ Sunil Aranha on how Harmoney could cope in the competitive Australian market
- Nevil Gibson says Fitch Ratings has moved its main risk to the economy from dairy returns to house prices