Singapore-based New Zealand billionaire and NBR Rich Lister Richard Chandler has appointed fellow-Kiwi David Walker as his first group chief executive.
Mr Walker’s appointment follows a reorganisation of Richard Chandler Corporation late last year, which saw all businesses and investments consolidated into four main industry groups, a company statement says.
A former senior executive with Macquarie Capital’s forestry interests, Mr Walker (50) has more than 25 years professional advisory and investment banking experience in forestry, energy, and other industries, focused on strategy consulting, mergers and takeovers and financial structuring.
Based in Singapore since 1996 after 11 years in Finland, Mr Walker, a Victoria University graduate, formed his own advisory firm, Kauri Capital, in 2010.
He is a former president and ceo of Poyry in Asia-Pacific and ceo of Poyry Consulting, the world’s leading forest products industry consulting and engineering firm.
In a statement Mr Chandler, valued at $5 billion on last year’s NBR Rich List and one of only three New Zealanders to make the Forbes Rich List, says Mr Walker brings solid business experience, a track record of integrity and success and is ideally suited to lead the company in building and investing in great companies around the world.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Order Paper: Rob Hosking on good intentions, political correctness and social investment
- Levante S is the ultimate Maserati SUV… and it’s coming to NZ
- Is Pence poised to dump Trump? asks Michael Coote
- Michael Wigley on the rising cybersecurity challenges for boards; the risks for directors; and how to deal with them
- NBR Radio: best of the week ended May 26, with Grant Walker