Singapore-based New Zealand billionaire and NBR Rich Lister Richard Chandler has appointed fellow-Kiwi David Walker as his first group chief executive.
Mr Walker’s appointment follows a reorganisation of Richard Chandler Corporation late last year, which saw all businesses and investments consolidated into four main industry groups, a company statement says.
A former senior executive with Macquarie Capital’s forestry interests, Mr Walker (50) has more than 25 years professional advisory and investment banking experience in forestry, energy, and other industries, focused on strategy consulting, mergers and takeovers and financial structuring.
Based in Singapore since 1996 after 11 years in Finland, Mr Walker, a Victoria University graduate, formed his own advisory firm, Kauri Capital, in 2010.
He is a former president and ceo of Poyry in Asia-Pacific and ceo of Poyry Consulting, the world’s leading forest products industry consulting and engineering firm.
In a statement Mr Chandler, valued at $5 billion on last year’s NBR Rich List and one of only three New Zealanders to make the Forbes Rich List, says Mr Walker brings solid business experience, a track record of integrity and success and is ideally suited to lead the company in building and investing in great companies around the world.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Sunday Businiess with Andrew Patterson featuring Dr Clyde Smith
- Forsyth Barr’s Kevin Stirrat talks through the market reaction to the new government
- Iron Duke director Phil O'Reilly on how concerned businesses should be about the new Labour-led government
- New Sky TV NZ director Mike Darcey on the skills he brings from Sky UK, and what it's like working for Rupert Murdoch
- NBR Radio: The best interviews, with Grant Walker — updated daily