Auckland caterer Dawsons has restored dining and bar facilities to one of the city’s landmarks, the Metropolis, which incorporates the historic Magistrates’ Court building.
The Judge’s Lounge and Jury’s Dining Room are now event spaces, along with the Counsel’s meeting rooms for business gatherings.
Located on the corner of Kitchener St and Courthouse Lane, and overlooking Albert Park, the former Magistrates restaurant has laid dormant for the past few years.
Dawsons owner Grahame Dawson says it’s a “perfect addition” to the company’s other event locations, The Kelliher Estate on Puketutu Island in Manukau Harbour, and the Pah Homestead in Monte Cecilia Park, Mt Roskill.
“With its central location, incredible view and easy parking, it was obvious to us that [Magistrates] should be opened again as an event venue,” he says.
Mr Dawson says it is suitable for cocktail parties, fashion shows, weddings and meetings.
The dining area has seating for up to 100 and the bar has a capacity of 150.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Business Week in Review with Grant Walker & Andrew Patterson
- Matthew Hooton on what a National win in Mt Roskill could mean for Labour
- Tim Hunter on Sky's awkward Chinese problem
- Paul Goldsmith's attempt at insolvency law reform has been hijacked by a 'basked of deplorables' says Damien Grant
- First Retail Group's Chris Wilkinson on Pumpkin Patch's worsening situation