Auckland caterer Dawsons has restored dining and bar facilities to one of the city’s landmarks, the Metropolis, which incorporates the historic Magistrates’ Court building.
The Judge’s Lounge and Jury’s Dining Room are now event spaces, along with the Counsel’s meeting rooms for business gatherings.
Located on the corner of Kitchener St and Courthouse Lane, and overlooking Albert Park, the former Magistrates restaurant has laid dormant for the past few years.
Dawsons owner Grahame Dawson says it’s a “perfect addition” to the company’s other event locations, The Kelliher Estate on Puketutu Island in Manukau Harbour, and the Pah Homestead in Monte Cecilia Park, Mt Roskill.
“With its central location, incredible view and easy parking, it was obvious to us that [Magistrates] should be opened again as an event venue,” he says.
Mr Dawson says it is suitable for cocktail parties, fashion shows, weddings and meetings.
The dining area has seating for up to 100 and the bar has a capacity of 150.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Lawyer Adina Thorn discusses her decision to launch a class action against Carter Holt Harvey over its Shadowclad product
- Westpac senior economist Satish Ranchhod says student inflows continue to be a big driver of growth
- Volpara chief executive Ralph Highnam on his company's $9.6m loss and fast-growing revenue
- NBR's Jenny Ruth on what analysts are saying about Ebos' $A154m HPS purchase
- NBR Radio: best of the week ended May 26, with Grant Walker