Kim Dotcom has posted a video of his Mega launch event speech (above) to his YouTube channel, plus a full-length version of the clip (second video; see NBR questions during the Q&A 47 minutes in).
It ends with a mock raid raid on his mansion, where the event was held.
In keeping with his trademark style, Dotcom mixed cheesy showmanship with some cutting points about new media.
So far, a Mega-poor experience
During the speech, he claims 500,000 sign-ups during Mega's first 14 hours.
Since then, he has not updated on numbers, but via Twitter has apologised for 'poor quality service' as the site struggles with load. Bug fixes were also being implemented.
Yesterday, Mega chief technology officer Mathias Ortmann told NBR ONLINE, "The number of users signing up is exceeding all expectations, and our server infrastructure is constantly on the verge of collapsing. We are in the process of adding more capacity and hope to resolve most bottlenecks before the weekend."
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Privacy Commissioner John Edwards warns the Law and Order select committee that rules around information sharing are too broad
- Business leaders on Budget 2017: "It’s a pretty stunning failure," says Kerry McDonald of successive governments’ attempts to improve productivity
- Arvida chief executive Bill McDonald on its doubled net profit
- Fonterra chief executive Theo Spierings is confident on the outlook for farmers though challenges remain
- NBR Radio: best of the week ended May 19, with Grant Walker