Finance Minister Bill English has revealed the date he will deliver the National-led government's sixth Budget: May 15.
The state-of-the-nation speech season has already seen Prime Minister John Key commit to one new election-year spending commitment: a $150 million a year programme to create an "elite teacher strikeforce".
Labour leader David Cunliffe used his first major address of 2014 to launch a baby bonus policy, which he estimates will cost $173 million a year by 2020.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Craigs' Mark Lister on Spark's results, Ebos, Port of Tauranga and Tegel
- Beertown.nz founder Martin Craig on craft beer growth
- Difficult though it is for political insiders to accept, few New Zealanders are particularly engaged in Election 2017
- Trent Fulcher on how Heartland's investment will boost Fuelled
- Nevil Gibson explains why Kraft Heinz walked away so quickly from its $US143 billion takeover bid for Unilever