Finance Minister Bill English has revealed the date he will deliver the National-led government's sixth Budget: May 15.
The state-of-the-nation speech season has already seen Prime Minister John Key commit to one new election-year spending commitment: a $150 million a year programme to create an "elite teacher strikeforce".
Labour leader David Cunliffe used his first major address of 2014 to launch a baby bonus policy, which he estimates will cost $173 million a year by 2020.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Sunday Businiess with Andrew Patterson featuring Dr Clyde Smith
- Forsyth Barr’s Kevin Stirrat talks through the market reaction to the new government
- Iron Duke director Phil O'Reilly on how concerned businesses should be about the new Labour-led government
- New Sky TV NZ director Mike Darcey on the skills he brings from Sky UK, and what it's like working for Rupert Murdoch
- NBR Radio: The best interviews, with Grant Walker — updated daily