Finance Minister Bill English has revealed the date he will deliver the National-led government's sixth Budget: May 15.
The state-of-the-nation speech season has already seen Prime Minister John Key commit to one new election-year spending commitment: a $150 million a year programme to create an "elite teacher strikeforce".
Labour leader David Cunliffe used his first major address of 2014 to launch a baby bonus policy, which he estimates will cost $173 million a year by 2020.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Order Paper: Rob Hosking on good intentions, political correctness and social investment
- Levante S is the ultimate Maserati SUV… and it’s coming to NZ
- Is Pence poised to dump Trump? asks Michael Coote
- Michael Wigley on the rising cybersecurity challenges for boards; the risks for directors; and how to deal with them
- NBR Radio: best of the week ended May 26, with Grant Walker