Finance Minister Bill English has revealed the date he will deliver the National-led government's sixth Budget: May 15.
The state-of-the-nation speech season has already seen Prime Minister John Key commit to one new election-year spending commitment: a $150 million a year programme to create an "elite teacher strikeforce".
Labour leader David Cunliffe used his first major address of 2014 to launch a baby bonus policy, which he estimates will cost $173 million a year by 2020.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Business Week in Review with Grant Walker & Andrew Patterson
- Matthew Hooton on what a National win in Mt Roskill could mean for Labour
- Tim Hunter on Sky's awkward Chinese problem
- Paul Goldsmith's attempt at insolvency law reform has been hijacked by a 'basked of deplorables' says Damien Grant
- First Retail Group's Chris Wilkinson on Pumpkin Patch's worsening situation