Farm sales in January were up 13% compared to January 2012.
The median price per hectare was 18% higher than the same month a year ago.
The biggest lift in sales was for “lifestyle” properties, up 22% on January 2012. The new record median price is $498,500.
Real Estate Institute data shows there were 45 more farm sales (+12.7%) for the three months ended January 2013 than for the three months ended January a year earlier.
Overall, there were 399 farm sales in the three months to end of January 2013, compared to 382 in the three months to December 2012, an increase of 17 sales (+4.4%).
Over the year to January 2013, there were 1454 farm sales, 18.1% more than sold in the year to January 2012.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Lawyer Adina Thorn discusses her decision to launch a class action against Carter Holt Harvey over its Shadowclad product
- Westpac senior economist Satish Ranchhod says student inflows continue to be a big driver of growth
- Volpara chief executive Ralph Highnam on his company's $9.6m loss and fast-growing revenue
- NBR's Jenny Ruth on what analysts are saying about Ebos' $A154m HPS purchase
- NBR Radio: best of the week ended May 26, with Grant Walker