Farm sales in January were up 13% compared to January 2012.
The median price per hectare was 18% higher than the same month a year ago.
The biggest lift in sales was for “lifestyle” properties, up 22% on January 2012. The new record median price is $498,500.
Real Estate Institute data shows there were 45 more farm sales (+12.7%) for the three months ended January 2013 than for the three months ended January a year earlier.
Overall, there were 399 farm sales in the three months to end of January 2013, compared to 382 in the three months to December 2012, an increase of 17 sales (+4.4%).
Over the year to January 2013, there were 1454 farm sales, 18.1% more than sold in the year to January 2012.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Calida Smylie looks at the discrepancies in Kiwisaver funds' fees
- Synlait MD John Penno on adding value, moving up from commodity products
- Nyriad co-founder Alex St. John on why NZ is bursting with quality computer engineers
- Ethique founder Brianne West on launching a new funding round
- Massey University vice-chancellor Professor Jan Thomas discusses why the Albany campus needs an innovation hub
- NBR Radio: best of the week ended September 22, with Grant Walker