Auckland-based Russell McVeagh partner Sarah Katz has been appointed a High Court judge.
She told NBR ONLINE she is "naturally" excited about her appointment.
Ms Katz specialised in complex commercial litigation.
According to Russell McVeagh's website, she has acted for some of the country's leading corporates as well as multinational clients who have become involved in disputes with a New Zealand focus or connection.
She is not related to Queen's counsel John Katz.
Court of Appeal Justice Susan Glazebrook has been appointed to the Supreme Court.
Attorney-General Chris Finlayson appointed Ms Katz today, as well as promoting two judges.
Justice Glazebrook has worked in the Court of Appeal for 10 years.
Before becoming a High Court judge in 2000, she was a partner at Simpson Grierson.
High Court judge Christine French goes to the Court of Appeal.
All three appointments take effect from August 6.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Order Paper: Rob Hosking on good intentions, political correctness and social investment
- Levante S is the ultimate Maserati SUV… and it’s coming to NZ
- Is Pence poised to dump Trump? asks Michael Coote
- Michael Wigley on the rising cybersecurity challenges for boards; the risks for directors; and how to deal with them
- NBR Radio: best of the week ended May 26, with Grant Walker