Auckland-based Russell McVeagh partner Sarah Katz has been appointed a High Court judge.
She told NBR ONLINE she is "naturally" excited about her appointment.
Ms Katz specialised in complex commercial litigation.
According to Russell McVeagh's website, she has acted for some of the country's leading corporates as well as multinational clients who have become involved in disputes with a New Zealand focus or connection.
She is not related to Queen's counsel John Katz.
Court of Appeal Justice Susan Glazebrook has been appointed to the Supreme Court.
Attorney-General Chris Finlayson appointed Ms Katz today, as well as promoting two judges.
Justice Glazebrook has worked in the Court of Appeal for 10 years.
Before becoming a High Court judge in 2000, she was a partner at Simpson Grierson.
High Court judge Christine French goes to the Court of Appeal.
All three appointments take effect from August 6.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Massey University's David Tripe talking about ANZ's exposure to Pumpkin Patch
- NBR's Jenny Ruth on Abano's major shareholder's continuing feud with the company
- Better by Design's Geoff Suvalko explains how a struggling business can turn around
- John Key says further RMA will be needed - but he needs a mandate to do so
- Craigs' Mohandeep Singh on Bapcor's takeover offer for Hellaby