Auckland-based Russell McVeagh partner Sarah Katz has been appointed a High Court judge.
She told NBR ONLINE she is "naturally" excited about her appointment.
Ms Katz specialised in complex commercial litigation.
According to Russell McVeagh's website, she has acted for some of the country's leading corporates as well as multinational clients who have become involved in disputes with a New Zealand focus or connection.
She is not related to Queen's counsel John Katz.
Court of Appeal Justice Susan Glazebrook has been appointed to the Supreme Court.
Attorney-General Chris Finlayson appointed Ms Katz today, as well as promoting two judges.
Justice Glazebrook has worked in the Court of Appeal for 10 years.
Before becoming a High Court judge in 2000, she was a partner at Simpson Grierson.
High Court judge Christine French goes to the Court of Appeal.
All three appointments take effect from August 6.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Nikko analyst Michael Sherrock on why he still has hope for Fletcher Building
- Tower chairman Michael Stiassny weighs up Suncorp's rival bid
- NBR VIEW: Screw the golfers, let's build houses instead – Green MP
- E tu Union industry coordinator Chas Muir is urging Cadbury supporters to take action
- Social bonds "will make a difference to communities," says APM CEO Karen Came