Advance voting for the November 26 election begins today for those who can't make it to a polling station in their electorate on election day.
“If you’re unable to get to a polling place on election day, because you’re on holiday, working, in hospital or for any other reason, voting in advance is the easiest way to have your say," Chief electoral officer, Robert Peden says.
There are over 250 advance voting places around the country, including ‘mobile’ advance voting facilities in Christchurch. There is also a polling station set up at Scott Base, Antarctica.
Advance voting closes on November 25. More information is at www.elections.org.nz.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Freightways' Dean Bracewell on potential acquisitions and growth
- Simpson Grierson’s Earl Gray says Brooks will probably appeal a controversial trade mark case
- ‘Clearly there’s a lot of public opposition’ – Horizon Research releases StuffMe merger survey results
- Maori party president Tukoroirangi Morgan on the agreement reached by the Maori and Mana parties
- Craigs' Mark Lister on Spark's results, Ebos, Port of Tauranga and Tegel