Advance voting for the November 26 election begins today for those who can't make it to a polling station in their electorate on election day.
“If you’re unable to get to a polling place on election day, because you’re on holiday, working, in hospital or for any other reason, voting in advance is the easiest way to have your say," Chief electoral officer, Robert Peden says.
There are over 250 advance voting places around the country, including ‘mobile’ advance voting facilities in Christchurch. There is also a polling station set up at Scott Base, Antarctica.
Advance voting closes on November 25. More information is at www.elections.org.nz.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Damien Grant on a disturbing trend in the insolvency game
- Westland Milk chairman Matt O’Regan says the co-op's performance in the 2015/16 season was "less than desirable"
- Airwork’s Hugh Jones on his reasons for selling
- John Key warns "Hobson Pledge" group similar to Trump
- Massey University's David Tripe talking about ANZ's exposure to Pumpkin Patch