Sky [NZX: SKT] has added five new channels to Sky Go, the satellite TV company’s internet app.
The channels will go live on August 11.
The five new channels are:
- Sky Movie Extra
- BBC Knowledge
The new channels will come at no extra cost to Sky customers’ subscriptions and the company will make the app available to more devices then the channels go live.
Compatible devices will include select mobile phones and tablets from Apple, Samsung, LG, Sony and HTC.
Existing channels include: SKY Sport 1, 2, 3 and 4, SKY Movies Premiere, E!, UKTV, Cartoon Network, National Geographic and BBC World News.
More than 168,000 customers have downloaded the app.
Sky senior product manager Alex Winter says there are plans to have more channels release at the end of the year.
ESPN2 will also be available for all Sky Sport subscribers from September 1.
The new channel will feature UEFA Champions League soccer, NBA, NFL, Major League Baseball and ATP World Tour matches.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Rob Hosking's take on the Election 2017 provisional result, and what's likely to happen next
- Sunday Business with Andrew Patterson featuring Nick Shewring
- Gareth Morgan on why TOP failed and what's next for the party
- Professor Andrew Geddis on the rules of engagement for MMP negotiations
- NBR Radio: best of the week ended September 22, with Grant Walker