Sky [NZX: SKT] has added five new channels to Sky Go, the satellite TV company’s internet app.
The channels will go live on August 11.
The five new channels are:
- Sky Movie Extra
- BBC Knowledge
The new channels will come at no extra cost to Sky customers’ subscriptions and the company will make the app available to more devices then the channels go live.
Compatible devices will include select mobile phones and tablets from Apple, Samsung, LG, Sony and HTC.
Existing channels include: SKY Sport 1, 2, 3 and 4, SKY Movies Premiere, E!, UKTV, Cartoon Network, National Geographic and BBC World News.
More than 168,000 customers have downloaded the app.
Sky senior product manager Alex Winter says there are plans to have more channels release at the end of the year.
ESPN2 will also be available for all Sky Sport subscribers from September 1.
The new channel will feature UEFA Champions League soccer, NBA, NFL, Major League Baseball and ATP World Tour matches.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Ardern cruises to Mt Albert victory, bringing Huo into Parliament
- Smith’s swimmable rivers scheme burning holes in farmers’ wallets
- Carry on: Xiamen for Auckland, Cathay for Christchurch, Virgin for HK and more
- Carl Bland has another hit with Spirit House
- MARKET CLOSE: NZ shares fall, Warehouse and Mercury NZ drop while Air NZ gains
Most listened to
- Business Week in Review with Grant Walker and Andrew Patterson
- Sunday Business with Andrew Patterson featuring Joanna Blatstone and Neil Parischa
- Rodney Hide: Advance means retreat for glacier scientists
- Stewart Germann and Gehan Gunasekara go head-to-head on the franchising debate
- Racism lies behind Little’s kaupapa Maori attack, says Matthew Hooton