Sky [NZX: SKT] has added five new channels to Sky Go, the satellite TV company’s internet app.
The channels will go live on August 11.
The five new channels are:
- Sky Movie Extra
- BBC Knowledge
The new channels will come at no extra cost to Sky customers’ subscriptions and the company will make the app available to more devices then the channels go live.
Compatible devices will include select mobile phones and tablets from Apple, Samsung, LG, Sony and HTC.
Existing channels include: SKY Sport 1, 2, 3 and 4, SKY Movies Premiere, E!, UKTV, Cartoon Network, National Geographic and BBC World News.
More than 168,000 customers have downloaded the app.
Sky senior product manager Alex Winter says there are plans to have more channels release at the end of the year.
ESPN2 will also be available for all Sky Sport subscribers from September 1.
The new channel will feature UEFA Champions League soccer, NBA, NFL, Major League Baseball and ATP World Tour matches.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Kiwi business traveller stranded in San Francisco after United de-planes his wallet and passport
- Budget 2017: What's been announced so far, what's tipped for today
- Steven Joyce has some fat surpluses to play with
- Gentrack lifts first-half profit 46% as new utility deals spur revenue gains
- Pacific Edge tantalisingly close to breakthrough sales, Darling says
Most listened to
- Those pre-budget announcements aren’t as big as they look. Joyce still has lots of fiscal room, says Rob Hosking
- Dairy NZ chief executive Tim Mackle says he's hearing from banks they want farmers to shore up their balance sheet
- Business leaders on Budget 2017: Wendy Kerr hopes Steven Joyce has similar ideas to her about ‘shifting and upscaling the economy in a different way.’
- Pacific Edge CEO David Darling on progress with key US customers
- NBR Radio: best of the week ended May 19, with Grant Walker