Kate Spargo has been appointed to the board of Fletcher Building.
Her independent directorship will be effective from 1 March 2012.
A resident of Melbourne, Ms Spargo's business experience includes advisory roles on strategic and governance issues following a career in legal practice in both the public and private sectors.
She has a number of non-executive directorships, including on ASX listed companies, UGL Limited and Sonic Healthcare Limited, and of SMEC Limited, Pacific Hydro Pty Limited, and Investec Bank (Australia) Limited. She also serves as a director on a number of "not for profit" businesses.
Ms Spargo is currently the chairwoman of the Australian Accounting Professional and Ethical Standards Board, a member of the International Ethics Standards Boards for Accountants and is a fellow of the Australian Institute of Company Directors.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- While you were sleeping: Records before Trump speech
- Bill English: Drug abuse preventing young Kiwis from working
- Record number of Kiwi small companies expecting to grow, survey shows
- Spark partners with Netflix to boost flagging broadband share
- Editor's Insight: NZ improves economic freedom score, remains third in world
Most listened to
- CPA Australian head of policy Paul Drum says business likes political certainty
- Economically, the need is for more immigration. Politically, the pressure is for less
- Forsyth Barr analyst Mike Wyeth on Cavalier's make-or-break 2018
- Nevil Gibson reveals why New Zealand has improved its score as one of the world's freest economies
- Shortland Chambers barrister Jenny Cooper on the perils of insider trading