Mark Binns is Meridian Energy’s new chief executive. He will replace Tim Lusk.
Mr Binns is the chief executive of Fletcher Building’s largest division – infrastructure.
He has been with Fletcher Building and its predecessor, Fletcher Challenge Limited, for 22 years. During this period he was responsible for operations in Australia, Asia, South America, USA and the South Pacific, as well as New Zealand.
He has been integrally involved in some of New Zealand's largest infrastructure projects, including Waterview, Eden Park, Sky City, Te Papa and the Manapouri tunnel. A qualified lawyer, Mr Binns also previously worked as a Simpson Grierson partner.
Mr Binns will be based in Wellington. and the date on which he will take up his new position will be announced as soon as it is finalised.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Massey University's David Tripe on why CBA is selling its life businesses at a loss
- As much as the leaders will bask in a win, they will both face challenges as prime minister, comments Rob Hosking
- Fisheries Inshore NZ chief executive Jeremy Helson says many in the industry have concerns about new fishing regulations
- Perry Group chairman Simon Perry explains why Hamilton needs a $1 billion development in a disused quarry
- Jacinda Ardern has sure been talked up a lot by the media, claims David Cohen
- NBR Radio: best of the week ended September 15, with Grant Walker