BUSINESSDESK: Fletcher Building, the largest construction company on the NZX, has sold the metals distribution businesses it acquired when it bought Crane Group last year for about $70 million.
Fletcher said it had sold Austral Wright Metals and Mico Metals to AW Distribution and Wakefield Metals respectively.
AWM and Mico Metals are importers and distributors of a range of non-ferrous metals in Australia and New Zealand.
The buyers have a number of other metal distribution businesses in Australasia and the investors have a long history in metal distribution in the UK and Europe, it said.
Fletcher stock last traded at $5.81 and has declined 4.4% this year.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Privacy Commissioner John Edwards warns the Law and Order select committee that rules around information sharing are too broad
- Business leaders on Budget 2017: "It’s a pretty stunning failure," says Kerry McDonald of successive governments’ attempts to improve productivity
- Arvida chief executive Bill McDonald on its doubled net profit
- Fonterra chief executive Theo Spierings is confident on the outlook for farmers though challenges remain
- NBR Radio: best of the week ended May 19, with Grant Walker