Foodstuffs South Island says it will be posting regular updates regarding the status of its Christchurch supermarkets on its website.
It has released a statement from chief executive Steve Anderson saying, “We are committed to ensuring continuous supply of essential food and water to Canterbury residents.
“At this stage a number of Christchurch Foodstuffs supermarkets are currently open with more expected to reopen later today. We are working hard to open further stores as a matter of urgency.
“Our distribution centres suffered only minor damage and we intend to resume the distribution of food to our retail stores today.
“We are relieved that there have been no major injuries or deaths reported in any of our stores. There have been three minor injuries reported.”
The New World stores at Ashburton, Bishopdale, Fendalton (limited range available), Halswell, Lincoln, Northwood, Rangiora and Rolleston are all open.
The Pak'nSave stores at Hornby and Northlands are open, while all Four Square stores are open with the exception of Lyttelton.
Moorhouse Pak'nSave, Wainoni Pak'nSave, South City New World, St Martins New World, Stanmore New World, Redcliffs New World and Lyttleton Four Square are all closed for trading today as they have engineers on site assessing the damage.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- New EO on regulations while cyber and ISIS fight to get boost, on Trump’s Beltway
- NZ's strong economy behind another record high migration figure
- Metlifecare's Glen Sowry on trying to be different from the competition
- Vector CEO Simon Mackenzie on how investment is subduing today's profits
- Villa Maria chief winemaker Nick Picone says the next few weeks' weather will determine the quality of this year's vintage