Foodstuffs South Island says it will be posting regular updates regarding the status of its Christchurch supermarkets on its website.
It has released a statement from chief executive Steve Anderson saying, “We are committed to ensuring continuous supply of essential food and water to Canterbury residents.
“At this stage a number of Christchurch Foodstuffs supermarkets are currently open with more expected to reopen later today. We are working hard to open further stores as a matter of urgency.
“Our distribution centres suffered only minor damage and we intend to resume the distribution of food to our retail stores today.
“We are relieved that there have been no major injuries or deaths reported in any of our stores. There have been three minor injuries reported.”
The New World stores at Ashburton, Bishopdale, Fendalton (limited range available), Halswell, Lincoln, Northwood, Rangiora and Rolleston are all open.
The Pak'nSave stores at Hornby and Northlands are open, while all Four Square stores are open with the exception of Lyttelton.
Moorhouse Pak'nSave, Wainoni Pak'nSave, South City New World, St Martins New World, Stanmore New World, Redcliffs New World and Lyttleton Four Square are all closed for trading today as they have engineers on site assessing the damage.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Scales Corp CEO Andy Borland assesses likely immigration cuts
- Forsyth Barr’s Kevin Stirrat talks through the market reaction to the new government
- Iron Duke director Phil O'Reilly on how concerned businesses should be about the new Labour-led government
- New Sky TV NZ director Mike Darcey on the skills he brings from Sky UK, and what it's like working for Rupert Murdoch
- Nevil Gibson's back on Wall Street's darkest day and what has happened since
- NBR Radio: The best interviews, with Grant Walker — updated daily