This is a supplied media release.
Invivo has announced the appointment of Paul Schaafsma, former chief executive of Accolade Wines, to its board as an independent director. Under Paul’s leadership, the fifth largest wine company in the world exceeded $A1 billion in revenue with a team of 1700 employees across Australia, New Zealand, UK, China, Japan, south-east Asia, USA, Chile, Canada and South Africa. His work in the industry culminated in his being awarded “Man of the Year” by Drinks Business magazine in 2015.
Invivo co-founder Tim Lightbourne says having Mr Schaafsma on board is an incredible coup for the company. “We’re over the moon to have a director with Paul’s background and understanding of the wine world. We spent a long time finding the right director to join our board, but when we spoke with Paul it was obvious he shared the same ideas about brand building and standing out from the crowd as we do. We look forward to working with Paul to achieve our global ambitions for Invivo.”
“In a short space of time Invivo has established itself as a true innovator within the global wine industry. Passion, drive and a clear understanding of what the consumer wants, have delivered strong results for the business”.
"I’m honoured to be joining the Invivo board,” said Mr Schaafsma. “I have tremendous respect for Tim and Rob and look forward to working with them."
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Fonterra Shareholders' Council chairman Duncan Coull says new study needed to restore confidence among shareholders
- Spoke Phone chief executive Jason Kerr explains what his app can offer
- Accountants give their first impressions of Labour's Tax Working Group
- Calida Smylie runs the rule over Air NZ's handling of the Dreamliner engine debacle
- NBR Radio: The best interviews – updated daily, with Grant Walker