This is a supplied media release.
Edward Glennie has been appointed as a Senior Portfolio Manager to work alongside Lead Portfolio Manager and CIO Sam Goldwater and CEO Henry Tongue of the rapidly growing Generate KiwiSaver Scheme. Ed brings complementary experience to the management of the Generate Conservative, Growth and Focused Growth Funds.
Ed is a New Zealander who recently returned with his wife and three young children from nearly ten years in Hong Kong. Previously, Ed was Head of Asian Research and the Hong Kong office of Lighthouse Investment Partners LLC, a global fund of funds manager. Lighthouse is a global investment firm dedicated to managing investment portfolios for institutional and private investors with offices in Florida, Chicago, New York, London and Hong Kong.
During his time in Hong Kong, Ed specialised in investment manager selection and oversight and therefore Generate's International Equity Managers will be a key area of his focus. Before Lighthouse, Ed worked for the masfen Group as an investment analyst advising on their equity and fixed income portfolios.
Ed is a Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst charter holder. He began his career at Credit Suisse First boston in Auckland in 1998 before heading off-shore to work for CSFB in Singapore and Japan.
Generate CEO Henry Tongue says, "we have known Ed for many years and are very pleased to have him join the firm at this stage of our growth. Ed's addition brings a wealth of experience to our investment capabilities."
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Calida Smylie runs the rule over Air NZ's handling of the Dreamliner engine debacle
- Craigs' Grant Swanepoel on why the economics of EVs will take longer to improve
- Earthquake Commission Minister Megan Woods explains repairs in Christchurch
- Hong Kong's technology chief, Allen Yeung, outlines the advantages it offers as an innovation hub for Asia
- “Treating your suppliers like dirt and not paying on time tells you something about attitudes,” says Peter Montagnon
- NBR Radio: The best interviews – updated daily, with Grant Walker