This is a supplied media release.
Edward Glennie has been appointed as a Senior Portfolio Manager to work alongside Lead Portfolio Manager and CIO Sam Goldwater and CEO Henry Tongue of the rapidly growing Generate KiwiSaver Scheme. Ed brings complementary experience to the management of the Generate Conservative, Growth and Focused Growth Funds.
Ed is a New Zealander who recently returned with his wife and three young children from nearly ten years in Hong Kong. Previously, Ed was Head of Asian Research and the Hong Kong office of Lighthouse Investment Partners LLC, a global fund of funds manager. Lighthouse is a global investment firm dedicated to managing investment portfolios for institutional and private investors with offices in Florida, Chicago, New York, London and Hong Kong.
During his time in Hong Kong, Ed specialised in investment manager selection and oversight and therefore Generate's International Equity Managers will be a key area of his focus. Before Lighthouse, Ed worked for the masfen Group as an investment analyst advising on their equity and fixed income portfolios.
Ed is a Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst charter holder. He began his career at Credit Suisse First boston in Auckland in 1998 before heading off-shore to work for CSFB in Singapore and Japan.
Generate CEO Henry Tongue says, "we have known Ed for many years and are very pleased to have him join the firm at this stage of our growth. Ed's addition brings a wealth of experience to our investment capabilities."
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Matthew Hooton thinks the OIA was the greatest legacy of the Muldoon government, and now it's time to update it
- Tim Hunter is disappointed Vista Group is resorting to a stock split
- FMA’s Garth Stanish explains where audit inconsistencies lie
- The possibility of a capital gains tax is likely accelerate the sale of aging owners' businesses, says KPMG's Nick McKay
- Nevil Gibson analyses the rise of global tech stocks and why they are likely to continue
- NBR Radio: The best interviews, with Grant Walker – updated daily