This is a supplied media release.
The Genesis Energy board is pleased to announce the appointment of Barbara Chapman as a non-executive director. Ms Chapman will replace John Leuchars, who is retiring after completing six years on the board.
Chairwoman of Genesis Energy, Dame Jenny Shipley, says “Barbara is well known for her leadership roles in Australia and New Zealand, most recently as the chief executive of ASB for almost seven years. She brings valuable skills to the Genesis board around disruptive innovation, marketing, digital transformation, consumer technologies and driving leading brands.
“I believe Barbara’s skills will both complement and enhance the Board’s capability during an exciting time for our company as we seek to put greater control in the hands of more than half a million New Zealanders who choose to be with Genesis,” says Dame Jenny.
Ms Chapman’s appointment will be effective from May 1, 2018. However, in line with the Genesis Energy constitution, Chapman will seek her full mandate from all shareholders by standing for election at the company’s next annual shareholding meeting in October 2018.
Dame Jenny thanks Mr Leuchars, who has been a non-executive director since 2012, for his contribution. His extensive international engineering experience was invaluable during Genesis' asset management approach review and many large scale engineering projects.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Tim Hunter questions whether Pie Funds' performance fee ditching will change the sector
- Craigs’ Mark Lister on the outlook for GDP, net migration
- Lockwood Group managing director Andrew La Grouw hopes to enhance Lockwood’s status as a premium brand
- Retail analyst Chris Wilkinson on how Costco could shake up the retail sector
- NBR Radio: The best interviews – updated daily, with Grant Walker