This is a supplied media release.
Industry training organisation Competenz has appointed George Adams to its board of directors.
The former chairman of the NZ Food and Grocery Council currently holds chairman and directorship roles on the boards of the Occupational Health Advisory Board, the Business Leaders Health and Safety Forum, Mix Cosmetics, Apollo Foods, Tegel Group Holdings, Insightful.Mobi and Nexus Foams Ltd. He also led the 2014 Independent Forestry Safety Inquiry.
Mr Adams will replace outgoing board member Kelly Smith.
Competenz chairman Mike Simm says Adams’ governance experience across many relevant industries makes him a valuable addition to the board.
“We’re thrilled he has accepted this board appointment. He has a great deal of experience in governance and is a strong advocate for the FMCG sector. His 25 years’ experience leading companies in New Zealand, the Pacific and Europe gives him an indepth appreciation of the benefits of industry training to learners, organisations and the country."
Mr Adams will take up the directorship position on May 1.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Tim Hunter questions whether Pie Funds' performance fee ditching will change the sector
- Craigs’ Mark Lister on the outlook for GDP, net migration
- Lockwood Group managing director Andrew La Grouw hopes to enhance Lockwood’s status as a premium brand
- Retail analyst Chris Wilkinson on how Costco could shake up the retail sector
- NBR Radio: The best interviews – updated daily, with Grant Walker