Ad Words can be bought directly from Google. The resellers offer hand-holding through the process of setting up a campaign, and buying the right key words (as well as pushing listings on their own directory sites).
Gopher’s cheapest option is a $750, three-month Google Ad Words campaign involving 25 keywords.
Google NZ country manager Tony Keusgen told NBR the company’s local office, in Auckland, has tripled to 12 staff over the past year.
Mr Keusgen said Google NZ staff were concentrating on larger advertisers and agencies, while partners Yellow, Localist and now Gopher are handling small to medium business.
The country manager said 43% of media is consumed online, but the medium captures only 15.1% of total ad spending.
Mr Keusgen said a "white coat" approach to marketing would help close the gap. For example, when a small business bought a Google Ad Word, it could be associated with a click-to-call phone number and other metrics for measuring response.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Business Week in Review with Grant Walker and Andrew Patterson
- John Glengarry says the Lacoste trade mark battle has brought certainty to trade mark law
- Stewart Germann and Gehan Gunasekara go head-to-head on the franchising debate
- Rob Hosking rates Jacinda Ardern's chances in Mt Albert
- Port of Tauranga CEO Mark Cairns on the step up recent investment has provided