Google's latest extenstion for its Chrome Web browsers is virtual tour of the Milky Way Galaxy.
After you've watched the tour, there's limited interactivity. You can zoom in and out of a basic 3D model that maps the actual positions of the nearest 100,000 stars to Earth.
If you use Chrome as your web browser you can check it out here.
Otherwise, here's a video:
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- We’re not saying the government needs to just give a handout here," says Fed Farmers chief William Rolleston of his Budget bid
- NZAMI chairwoman says the government's planned changes to immigration rules will hurt key NZ sectors
- NZ Rugby ceo Steve Tew says balancing broadcasting rights and connection to fans is a delicate balance.
- Nevil Gibson reveals what's behind the Chinese takeover pullback and which companies will be targeted in future
- NBR Radio: best of the week ended May 19, with Grant Walker