NBR ONLINE reveals today the story of a Housing New Zealand whistleblower who walked from his $150,000-a-year job over allegations he was pressured to award a $3 million contract to a particular company.
Englishman Matt Johnson used to head HNZ's Canterbury earthquake asset recovery team, managing hundreds of millions of dollars worth of repairs.
However, he claims two senior managers pressured him late last year to give a contract for non-structural repair work, worth more than $3m, to a Christchurch company.
(Subscriber-only content. Subscribe here. Instant access from $89)
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Symantec cyber security strategy manager Nick Savvides on Petya and how to protect yourself from malware attack
- A $2m break fee may be payable to Fairfax, Tower's Michael Stiassny says
- Iwi M&A activity set to increase, says Chapman Tripp's Nick Wells
- Economists Michael Reddell and Dr Eric Crampton on the pros and cons of immigration
- Eric Young doesn't care what will happen with the next America's Cup, so long as Peter Burling is on board.
- NBR Radio: best of the week ended June 23, with Grant Walker